Monday, November 10, 2008

Life is a Commode!


Or something!


I was reading an interesting article today about all the new advances in toilets. I was interested because seeing as that all of our commodes are approaching twenty years old we are looking into getting some new ones. But why get new toilets when you can get a new bathroom to put it in? We may not be able to do a new bathroom but toilets are doable, and necessary.


There are so many options now when it comes to toilets, heated seats, nightlights, dual mode flush, air assist flush, and so many other choices. But, my favorite was the "green" alternative, can you guess? Well, it's a toilet that comes with a built in rinsing mechanism, both low and high powered depending on need. This is sold as a *green* alternative because they claim you do not need to use toilet paper saving approximately $125 a year on toilet paper. Okay, I get the rinse thing, don't want to have an entire discussion about it because I'm not quite sure where it will go but, I wonder after you rinse do you just drip dry? I would think you would still need a little toilet paper.

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

I was able to use a toilet with a rinsing mechanism when I was in Japan. You are right about the drying part. There's no going around the need for tissue. Tissue is still needed for drying.

Maybe they'll add a blower next time.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites