Monday, January 26, 2009

The Best Fit


I just read an article about a woman who is on Architectural Digest's top 100 list of interior designers who has created a "new" product. The designer, Cecil Hayes, determined that many people who try for a new look in their home start by dragging their heavy furniture around to see where it fits best. Since that is time consuming and back-breaking work, she has created furniture templates made out of paper that you can drag around instead. Sounds great, huh?

Now, don't get me wrong, this is an awesome idea but, why buy this product? A few years back when I bought new furniture I decided what I thought I liked, took the dimensions and cut them out of contact paper (but, really, any kind of paper would work, wrapping paper, butcher paper, you get the idea). I then moved those pieces of paper around my family room until I saw the layout that I liked. It also gave me great comfort that the pieces I chose would fit. If I can figure this out I bet a lot of you have also.


So, the next time you are in the mood to redecorate, get out the wrapping paper first and your rearranging project will go much more quickly and smoother. Have fun!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites