Friday, August 15, 2008

To Paint...Or Not To Paint?

I'm sure you've heard a million times that painting is the least expensive but most dramatic design element. There are hundreds or thousands of colors and one thing you will grow to know about me is that I love red! I think I mentioned earlier that my husband painted one wall in my dining room red, we used Dutch Boy's Lady in Red color custom mixed at Kelly Moore. The other walls are a light but true yellow color but I have a heavy buffet and a rather large window treatment on two of the walls in the dining room that needed some balance. So, painting a wall a deep, rich red was an inexpensive way to balance out the room, here's the look.





So, first let me apologize for the photo as I think I said before, I am not an artist and photography is definitely not my strong suit, as the above photo proves. But, you get the idea of what I am talking about. The room is no where near complete, still needs roman shade under the existing window treatment, custom chair covers, trim work including crown and base, new chandelier, accessories, etc. So, please ignore all the work that needs to be completed, I just wanted you to get the feel for the weight the red wall has. But now I have my red to work with.

6 comments:

ReneeBuchananArt said...

Good idea! Have you ever considered painting the inside of your trey ceiling red to make it stand out and bring the red into more of the room?

Great work!

Renee :)

TopTwinMom said...

That's a great idea, I think I might just try it before I have the crown installed. Thanks, Renee.

Barbara said...

I LOVE your china cabinet... it's gorgeous!

TopTwinMom said...

Thanks. It's gigantic but I like it too. It holds everything! And I don't even have to keep it really neat because all the doors are solid.

Barbara said...

That's always handy! I try to keep mine neat, but it gets away from me sometimes :)

TinaA said...

My living room and dining room are red.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites