Friday, August 8, 2008

What A Home Should Have

Architectural Digest has an interesting series on its site that highlights "10 Things Every Home Should Have." The article is a slideshow of 10 pictures with quotes from 10 different designers about the topic. Most of the designers suggest a comfy chair with good light is a must (I agree). Then Mariette Himes Gomez suggests that you need "a place for everything and everything in its place...."

That got me thinking, I try really hard to keep my home up and looking like a picture perfect home. But, I never can quite get there because we actually live in our home. Have you ever wondered if people really live like the pictures we see in such magazines as Architectural Digest, Veranda, etc.? And if so, how do they keep it that way? Extremely organized, trained relatives, hired help? I'd really like to know because no matter how hard I try there is always something that does not have a proper place or is not in its proper place if it has one.

I think I just found myself another research project....

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites