Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Party Idea





I went to a party at some friends' home and the idea they had was fabulous. They used gate-leg tables as console tables then when they have parties they pull the tables out into the room and open them up for serving or seating. I have never seen this done before and I thought it to be a fabulous idea. They are much more sturdy than a card table and you can leave them in the room in the folded state when not in use for entertaining. Since I am always troubled about how to accommodate everyone when entertaining I really latched on to this idea. Now, the implementation, that's a new nut all together.

1 comment:

Downtown Brooklyn Dogs said...

We have a gate leg table that we are going to try to sell soon. It is narrower than the one pictured here and has more of an art deco feel. I wish we had the room for a sofa table bc I always thought that would be a great use for one of these tables when you aren't using it to entertain.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites