Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to the Dining Room

Now that our beautiful shutter is in place I am trying to focus my attention back into the dining room. I think I have some kind of issue that does not allow me to concentrate on one area very long, or long enough to complete it. So, I'm back with a focus on the dining room and the next step is a roman shade to go between the existing Silhouette shade and the drapery, see below.

I'd like to bring some red into the shade and I have found some fabric at Pierre Deux that I really like. However, I have not been able to convince myself that I should pay their exorbitant prices for the fabric. I started a fabric quest and have not been able to find anything I like as well or better. That's the problem when you start at a high price point.
So, today I did a little searching about how to obtain designer pricing without becoming a designer (I have already procrastinated a long time and a few more years just to get the discount seems hardly work it!). And to my surprise there is really nothing out there. I have an old book that was published in 1995ish about how to buy furniture and accessories at designer prices called, The Insider's Guide to Buying Home Furnishings, but the material is a little dated at this point and, to my knowledge, has not been updated. I see, though, that the same author has a newer book out, Furniture Factory Outlet Guide 2006 (Furniture Factory Outlet Guide), so maybe I will order that book and find out if it is equivalent (Do you see another post coming soon?).
I'll keep you posted on my decision but, for now, I am thinking on it.

2 comments:

Kimberly_Causey said...

Thank you for mentioning my books in your blog. I would be happy to send you a complimentary review copy of The Furniture Factory Outlet Guide 2006 Edition. The 2009 edition of The Furniture Factory Outlet Guide will be in bookstores nationwide in January 2009.

Please excuse the gap in editions, but I took some time off from work to spend with my other 2006 edition, Jennifer Joy.

The Insider's Guide To Buying Home Furnishings actually has been updated as recently as 2004. Amazon's information is incorrect, and I've been unable to change it. I would be happy to also send you a review copy of the newest Insider's Guide. Please contact me at kim@smartdecorating.com with the address to which you would like them sent.

Thank you,

Kimberly Causey
Home Decor Press
www.smartdecorating.com

TopTwinMom said...

Hi Kim -

Thank you so much. I will contact you directly through my email account but I have to reiterate that I have really enjoyed your books and would be thrilled to receive and review your new books.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites