Friday, October 10, 2008

Exterior Painting Again!

We have not painted the exterior of our home in about eight years so the time is coming that we will have to decide what to do and when. As you probably have noted, I like to research our options regarding various projects prior to jumping in with both feet. So, while looking for ideas about color for our home's exterior I found this website for something called the Coolwall system for exterior painting. Apparently the paint has some sort of special reflective properties to it that causes your home to not absorb the solar heat. I'm not sure how or if it works but it sounds pretty cool. In addition, it is billed out as a green (environmentally friendly) product and has some backing from the Department of Energy.

The product comes in some 570 colors so there must be at least one for everyone. The colors seem to range from neutral to bright and most everything in between. And, if you have any CCRs, like we do, I'm sure there are some colors that would earn approval from your neighbors and the board.

We have not tried this Coolwall system paint so I cannot say whether its claims are true about heat reflectivity that reduces energy usage but when I was explaining it to my husband he seemed intrigued, and that's saying something!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites