Monday, October 27, 2008

Fung Shui The Easy Way

I have heard so much about Feng Shui and never really read or studied it. One day not to far in the past I decided I would do a little search on Amazon for good books on Feng Shui. Of course, being the person that I am I wanted something that I could easily understand and a good read. So, I settled on Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life : How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect and Happiness.

Here are the basics of Feng Shui. The basis of Feng Shui is that your home, room, car, or whatever other space you can imagine is divided into nine areas. So, whatever space you are thinking about Feng Shui-ing (is that a word?) you would place a grid with nine squares in it, or a bagua, overlaying your space. Each of the nine squares stand for an area of life with the nine areas being Prosperity or Abundance, Fame or Reputation, Relationships, including Marriage and Love, Creativity and Children, Helpful People and Travel, Career and Lifepath, Skills and Knowledge or Wisdom, Family, and Health and Other Situations. So, the bagua looks like this:


The idea is that you need to stock items with certain elements of water, earth, fire, and metal to balance your space and, therefore, your life. There is so much information to digest that it is impossible to go into in one post but if you want a great overview, I highly recommend this book, Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life : How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect and Happiness, for a great overview of Feng Shui.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites